||Enrolled Nursing Assistant x 2
||Fixed Term Contract
||1 December 2022
||Amajuba – KwaZulu-Natal Province
|Application Closing Date:
||15 November 2022
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified Enrolled Nursing Assistant to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Enrolled Nursing Assistant will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (Amajuba) and report to the THINK Professional Nurse Mentor-TB.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide Support services to DOH TB facility staff
- Record all presumptive TB in the TB identification register and send for TB investigations.
- Increase and create demand for facility -based TB, STI, NCD and COVD19 screening and testing services during checking of vital signs.
- Work hand in hand with TB facility health care workers in linking clients who have tested positive for TB, including recording in the register and linking to Tier.net or EDRWeb. Support health workers with household contract tracing
- Support of TPT implementation for eligible contacts including children under 5
- Request monthly lists of clients that need repeat scripts for TPT and refer for treatment.
- Support tracing of all immediate lost to follow up (ILTF) and lost to follow up TB clients by liaising with DOH outreach teams
- Support that all TB presumptive /diagnosed clients have been tested for HIV – if not make note to test them on their next visits.
- Action GXP DS/Rif alert line list weekly
- Action Tier.net line list weekly
- Provide adherence counselling to identified clients who require enhanced adherence counselling
- Conduct health education to clients on TB and HIV treatment adherence, cough etiquette, monitoring and treatment side effects.
- Provide health education to clients on TB, TB screening, TB/HIV co-infections, infection control, adherence and other services to facilitate referrals.
- Check and update TB identification registers and send them to be captured on Tier.net
- Review TB registers, EDRWeb and TIER.NET to check on those initiated into treatment, ensuring that they receive follow up-services.
- Compile a list of those not yet initiated, with their contact details for follow-up and referrals to WBOTS and relevant NGOs.
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Submit reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on programme indicators and progress.
- Support the clinical file audit periodically
- Participate in data clean-up at facility
- Assist with Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the TB/DRTB, HIV and NCDs program
- Participate in all relevant meetings e.g., Facility staff meetings, district meetings, programme meetings.
- Participate in community dialogues and community awareness campaigns
- Work with the TB team to improve the quality of care, retention in care and adherence to treatment for TB patients.
- Self-updating on DOH guidelines, policies and SOPs available on project share point platform
- Perform other related duties as required for effective implementation of the USAID Project
- Capacity building through attending appropriate training programmes
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Comply with all THINK rules and regulations and policies and procedures
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- Enrolled Nursing Assistant Certificate with current SANC registration
- A minimum of 1 year working within a similar environment or any clinical setting.
- TB & HIV screening and testing services; tracing and linkage coupled with basic TB, HIV and adherence HIV/TB environment
- HIV/AIDS Certificate and Basic computer skills
- Additional Health related courses (advantageous)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.