||Linkage Officer x 2
||Fixed Term Contract
||1 December 2022
||uThukela, KwaZulu-Natal Province
|Application Closing Date:
||15 November 2022
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified linkage officers to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu-Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Linkage Officer will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (uThukela).
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and enter data into the THINK online application system to support systematic tracking and monitoring of MDR TB patients in the district
- Daily retrieval and dissemination of NHLS MDR TB results to relevant health care facilities
- Tracking of patient management information throughout patient treatment period
- Strengthen linkage to care for patients between the DOH Hospital, clinics and outreach teams.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the Enhanced Adherence intervention
- Receive lists daily of TB patients who did not link to TB care and contact them as per the tracing standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Liaise with the DOH TB coordinator, facility staff, WBTOs and other community workers as required
- Attend facility meetings as required to discuss TB initial loss to follow up and tracing strategies and progress
- Daily communication with hospital staff, health care facilities and THINK programme staff to ensure efficient and timely linkage to care and adherence support is provided to all patients
- Support health care facilities and outreach teams to ensure contact tracing is being implemented
- Develop and support efficient communication systems between the hospital, clinics and outreach teams
- Work with the TB team to improve the quality of care, retention in care and adherence to treatment for TB patients.
- Responsible to improve the quality of care, retention in care and adherence to treatment for TB patients.
- Capacity building through attending appropriate training programmes
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- HIV and AIDS programme certificates
- Counselling Certificate
- Three to five years’ experience in HIV and TB screening, counselling, testing and linkage services and welcome back strategy
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Other Health related courses (advantageous)
- A good understanding of referral systems and pathways as well as linkage and retention in care strategies
- Computer literacy is essential
- Clear criminal record
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of HIV strategies, including the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets, and TB management.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.