|Opportunity Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Start Date:||1 December 2022|
|Location:||Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal Province|
|Application Closing Date:||28 October 2022|
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Program Manager to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Program Manager will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (Hillcrest) and report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Alignment of Project objectives with THINK Strategic intent
- Alignment of the project with funder expectations and requirements
- Monitor the work plan to ensure that the project achieves the goals and objectives
- Provide leadership and management of project staff to achieve project objectives
- Manage and coordinate project resources
- Responsible for managing the compilation and reviewing of project reports
- Coordinate and plan capacity building of staff
- Ensure development and design of SOPs and protocols for standardisation of project delivery
- Create synergy between project staff and support teams
- Monitor the sub-recipients workplan plan to ensure that they achieve the goals and objectives
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to the sub-recipients
- Coordinate monthly meetings and reports from sub-recipient
- Participate in high level meetings
- Provide input in creating data collection tools for the project
- Ensure the collection and collation of all project data
- Assist with ensuring the reporting of programme indicators as per donor and funder specifications
- Interact with all relevant players with support from the Stakeholder Manager
- Provide training and development support to Project Staff
- Capacity building through attending advanced Project programmes
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or Health-related degree
- Masters in Public Health (Added Advantage)
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Project manager
- Computer literacy is essential
- Clear criminal record
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes will be an advantage.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below.