||Provincial TB Coordinator
||Fixed Term Contract
||1 December 2022
||Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal Province
|Application Closing Date:
||18 November 2022
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Provincial TB Coordinator to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu-Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The KwaZulu-Natal Province (Hillcrest) and report to the Head of Strategic Partnerships
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Overall accountability for the multisectoral approach to the Provincial TB response plan.
- Encourage and advocate for buy-in by the provincial leadership and shared accountability for the implementation of the provincial TB Caucus
- Participate in the multisectoral forums and engagement at the provincial and district level to advocate for local TB programme and TB caucus
- Advocate for the adoption of policies for the improvement of the implementation of the TB program, including prevention, diagnosis, care, treatment, research, and development
- Support the development and review of the provincial TB plans, related documents, and effective programme implementation.
- Support the province with the launch and monitoring of the TB caucus activities.
- Support the provincial development and implementation of the TB caucus workplan.
- Support capacity-building initiatives targeting Civil Society members. And contribute to the development of TB communication materials.
- Support the implementation of a multisectoral accountability framework for TB.
- Ensure timeous submission of reports, presentations, and updates on TB plans and implementation to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the focus for impact studies to identify TB hot spots in the province
- Conduct stakeholder mapping to identify high-priority areas
- Develop and maintain updated stakeholder analysis, directory, mapping, and engagements
- Alignment of Project objectives with THINK Strategic, including funder expectations and requirements
- Ensure THINK’s vision, mission and values are reflected in various sectors
- Report and monitor engagement actions and plans.
- Collate, analyse, and write reports to share insights on community-level activities
- Continuous engagement with civil society structure, organisations, DoH, and other key stakeholders
- Regular external stakeholder engagements with DoH to ensure project deliverables are achieved
- Contribute towards capacity strengthening of the Civil Society sectors
- Provide technical oversight to the development of learning, advocacy, and communications material
- Facilitate the relationship between stakeholders and the community at large and THINK
- Participate in Provincial Council on AIDS and other related meetings, e.g., provincial partners meetings
- Organise and preside over meetings with external stakeholders.
- Creative planning and execution of TB Events and Activities
- Participate in and promote THINK TB/HIV events
- Facilitate meetings and workshops as required
- Be passionate about making a difference and add value to THINK
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- Bachelor in Nursing
- At least three years of experience in TB program management.
- A clear portfolio of evidence on community projects and working with civil society and Aids Councils
- Previous experience in formal bargaining processes/structures
- An additional qualification in one or more of the following fields will be an added advantage:
- Social Sciences
- Development Studies
- HIV and AIDS
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Computer literacy is essential
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.